PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION IN MARKETING
National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria operates four regular scheme of educational development. These are:
- Foundation Certificate in Marketing.
- Professional Certificate In Marketing
- Chartered Graduate Diploma in Marketing
- Chartered Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing
EXAMINATION STRUCTURE AND EXEMPTIONS
FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE IN MARKETING
- This programme is designed as a foundation development for those without the minimum educational background, qualifications and or required professional marketing experience to be admitted to the Professional Certificate in Marketing.
- Holders of GCE/SSCE/NECO School Certificate with five credit passes in five subjects including English and Mathematics.
- Matured students with relevant work experience.
- Concepts and Elements of Marketing
- Marketing Stakeholders and Ethics
- Salesmanship and Direct Marketing
- Principles of Advertising
- Distribution Methods
Upon successful completion of the Foundation Certificate in Marketing, the candidate would qualify to proceed to Professional Certificate in Marketing. He would be entitled to be inducted as Affiliate member of NIMN, thus, use the designatory letters NIMN (Affiliate).
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN MARKETING
- Holders of NIMN Foundation Certificate in Marketing
- Holders of OND in Marketing, Business Administration/Studies and 300 Level students in Marketing, Business Administration/Studies and Mass Communication.
- Management Sciences for Marketing
- Marketing Operations
- Import and Export Practice
- Advertising: Agency Organization and Management
- Electronic Marketing
- Micro Marketing
Upon successful completion of the Professional Certificate in Marketing, the candidate would qualify to proceed to the Chartered Graduate Diploma in Marketing. He is entitled to be inducted as a Licentiate member of NIMN, thus, use the designatory letters NIMN (Licentiate).
CHARTERED GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MARKETING
- Holders of NIMN Professional Certificate in Marketing
- Holders of BSc and HND in Marketing, Business Administration and Management Science, Mass Communication, Sociology, Banking and Finance. Final year students of BSc/HND in Marketing or Business Administration may also apply.
- Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Research
- Nigerian Marketing Environment
- Marketing Planning and Control
- Marketing Communications
- International marketing
- Campaign Planning and Execution
- Marketing Case Analysis and Decision-making (Case Study)
Upon successful completion, candidate is awarded NIMN Chartered Graduate Diploma in Marketing. He would also be entitled to be Graduate member of NIMN, thus, entitled him to use the designatory letters gradnimn.
CHARTERED POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MARKETING
- Holders of NIMN Chartered Graduate Diploma in Marketing
- Holders of Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration/Management Science and Mass Communication. Final semester students of MSc/MBA may also apply.
- Lecturers in Marketing, Business Administration, Management and Mass Communication.
- African Marketing Environment
- Sales Management
- Distribution and Logistics Management
- Media Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Marketing Case Analysis and Decision-Making (Case Study-Extended)
Successful candidate would qualify for the Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing by convocation and entitled for induction as Associate membership of the NIMN)
Candidates applying for exemption should obtain and complete the Exemption form and return same to the Registrar/Chief Executive, at the Institute together with the appropriate exemption fee(s). Candidates will be notified of the exemption(s) which they have been granted.
DATES OF EXAMINATION
The examinations of the Institute are normally held twice each year in June and December.
No candidate may enter for any of the Institute’s examinations unless he has been registered as a student of the Institute and has paid appropriate examination fees in force at the time of the examination and is not in arrears of annual subscription.
DEFERMENT OF EXAMINATION
Upon registration as a candidate for examination, payments so made are not refundable. However, a concession may be given for deferment of the examination if there is a written notice to this effect and supported with cogent reasons by the candidate who must be received at the secretariat not later than three weeks before the commencement of the examination. 25% of the examination payment shall however, be deducted to cover administrative expenses.
Each candidate will be notified of the results of the examination by post and a list of successful candidates will published and displayed on the notice boards at the Institutes and the NIMN website. Candidates shall not be notified of their results by telephone, telex, e-mail or by fax nor shall they be informed of the number of the marks they obtained.
Payment to be made to National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria
First Bank of Nigeria Plc Account Number 2012394438
[wpfilebase tag=file id=2 tpl=download-button /]