Broadly, the mandate of the Institute is to achieve among others, the following objectives:
- To promote and develop the art and science of marketing to aid formal learning and rational assessment of members.
- To promote marketing research, education and training standards.
- To establish and sustain professional codes of practice in marketing.
- To set standards of academic development and examinations for students and practitioners at all levels of Marketing and related fields.
- To organize courses and training programmes for individual to assimilate vocational and academic developments impacting on the practice of Marketing practice.
- To develop programmes of educational support and forum for exchange of ideas relating to the advancement of the practices of marketing management.
- Conduct examinations and other form of assessment for the award of certificates and membership of the institute.
- To authorize qualified individuals to use the designatory letters denoting their grades of membership.
- To promote the best practice in marketing by identifying progressive individuals, management and organizations and encouraging others in the industry to emulate such practice through a programme of recognition put in place to reward achievers.
- To promote research into the art and practice of marketing management and to assist individual and organization in disseminating the outcome of such research work
- To publish study manuals to support individuals preparing for the examinations of the Institute.
- To publish and promote materials in order to keep members apprised of development affecting the practice of marketing education and management.
- To provide information for organizations seeking trained members desirous of employment as well as members seeking employment.
- To contribute to policy formulation at States, Industrial sectors and National level, through presentation of position papers, local and national discourse and submission of memorandum, workshops and seminars.
- To set standard of professional practice through explicit code of ethics for members of the Institute, monitor compliance and making sure that defaulters are sanctioned appropriately.
Whether you are an individual interested in personal development or corporate body engaged in developing human capital for effective marketing management, do feel free to call or visit us at our office.